Tuff Group are in the final stages of installing new facilities at Leopold Primary School, located in the Geelong region. This is a great example of what a well-planned surface can do for the opportunities within a school.
The new surface includes a football (soccer) field and running track around the outside. With considerable use across the school days and potentially after hours, the choice of surface is particularly important for a community centred project such as this one.
Tuff Group’s VMAX 40 product is the latest configuration of certified FIFA surfaces, allowing premium performance whilst demanding less of the player. The VMAX40 surface is one of many manufactured by the largest synthetic grass manufacturer in the world, CCGrass. Tuff Group is the exclusive supplier and installer of CCGrass products across Australia and New Zealand.
The VMAX 40 product provides a much heavier face weight of yarn than older football surfaces. The extra density of provides many important extended life benefits, including:
- Increases the playing consistency and reliability of the surface;
- Significantly increases the durability;
- Increase traction and reliability underfoot; and
- Savings in lifecycle costs and performance consistency throughout the product’s life cycle.
Importantly, the composition of the yarn in VMAX 40 means is very strong and robust, providing significant performance benefits, including;
- Increased fibre strength and durability;
- Increases yarn resilience, reducing tendency to crush over;
- A longer premium level of surface performance; and
- Stronger resistance to Ultra Violet degradation.
The surface is backed up by Tuff Group’s 7-year surface and installation warranty.
We’re looking forward to seeing the final results at the school and ensuring that the students have the best opportunities to develop both in the classroom and through sport and physical activity.